This recipe is a highly versatile pesto from Sonia. Use it with pasta, or drizzle over meat or veggies for an instant boost of flavour - the possibilities are endless!
- 3 cups Salute Oliva EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 2 pots of B&B Basil – available to purchase at Bendigo Wholefoods, pick leaves off stalks
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup pinenuts, toasted until golden brown and cooled
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt – Mt Zero is a good choice
- In a blender, blitz the garlic, pine nuts and cheese in the oil until smooth.
- Season with sea salt to taste.
- Add basil leaves and blitz until just pureed. The less you blitz, the greener your pesto will be.
- Store in fridge or freeze in ice cubes.
Notes: Alter this recipe depending on your preferences. Like it hot? Add more garlic. For a dairy free pesto omit the parmesan, or for a nut free pesto replace the pine nuts with sunflower seeds or get rid of them entirely. This is a guide recipe only, so play around with quantities according to your taste!