Sonia’s B&B Basil Pesto
Depending on what you like, add more garlic if you like it hot, remove the parmesan if you want a dairy free pesto or use sunflower seeds in replacement of the pinenuts if you have a nut intolerance. This is a guide only recipe – play around with the quantities according to your taste.
- 3 cups Salute Oliva EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 2 pots of B&B Basil – available to purchase at Bendigo Wholefoods, pick leaves off stalks
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup pinenuts, toasted until golden brown and cooled
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt – Mt Zero a good choice
- In a blender, blitz the garlic, pinenuts and cheese in the oil until smooth.
- Season with sea salt to taste.
- Add basil leaves and blitz until just pureed. The less you blitz, the greener your pesto will be.
- Store in fridge or freeze in ice cubes.
Copyright Food Fossickers 2016